Friday, April 17, 2026

Foggy Friday

Wow was it foggy outside all night and this morning. The lake was the highest it's been in six years yesterday and seeing it back to where it should be was a ray of sunshine even through our mostly cloudy day. It will recede quickly since the dam is still wide open, but there is hope!

I did not work on DW last night but instead started row five on Marty to get a head start on today. I have all of this evening and the weekend to work on DW so decided to get The Tulips done first. And, there's a quilt show in Midland today and tomorrow we are going to attend at some point. A few of my friends have quilts in the show and it's always exciting to see them hung!

Jim has been skinning a quilt for a customer of mine. What's skinning you ask? When a quilt is poorly quilted and removed from the long arm and then the quilt maker decides the long arming was not what she wanted all the stitches have to be removed so it can be started over. 

I did not quilt this quilt. She took it to another long armer because she knew I was over booked. And, she lives way up north and it was over the winter this past year so decided to give this other gal a try. Here's the before...

E2E and the lumps it leaves in the piecing
I am not here to judge. To me, this is typical digitized E2E quilting. There are bumps and lumps because when doing E2E, not everything is ditched and in my opinion, leaves everything looking sloppy. This exact pattern received first place in a show a year ago that I custom quilted. I'll do another before and after  pic once I get it on the frame later this summer, and, after I custom quilt it. 

On Marty all day until the Tulips are finished and then over to DW the rest of the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...