Wednesday, April 22, 2026

I Said No!

I had an inquiry yesterday about some quilting a new customer needed. I actually referred them out to another long armer. I just can't take in any more business. My feet and back are saying no.  

Here's a little quilting going into Carries Tulips quilt on Marty...

Getting the two borders in
I'm doing an every other checkerboard in the sashing between each of the blocks. I did a lot of unsewing yesterday...
It's supposed to be every other!
And the rest of the week is going to be spent on working this quilt during the day. As much as I told myself I wasn't going to get nuts with it...well...that didn't work out so well. I have a bamboo batt in there and that gives me permission to lay down more thread. And, even though it's local, this is going to be in a show. 

After working on Tulips well past 'quitting' time, I moved over to Bernie to work on Make Do and Mend. I have row three completely in! Actually, I've started all the mint in the top of row four and did that while talking to our son in Ohio. Speaking of sons...

This one received his promotion to First Lieutenant this morning in Germany!

The whole family!
I'm so proud to have a military son. Of course, I'm prior military so maybe I'm a little bias? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...