It sure was a strobe light show out there all night. And the thunder was shaking the house. Needless to say, not much sleep took place. But, as they say in Hollywood, the show must go on.
Does this look familiar?
This was done at the retreat last week. It needs to be quilted ASAP for Bittersweet Quilt Shop for display purposes. The owner needs to make room for more Lori Holt items coming in and needs to move this kit.
The first row is completed. And, the first row in the Make Do and Mend is also completed but not without DW and I having some issues (again).
I tried everything I've learned over the past 13 or so years on how to rectify his skipping issue. And the skipping was becoming worse the longer I fussed with him. I stepped back and thought about the situation and came to the conclusion it had to be the thread.
He was behaving perfectly until I took the strip quilt off and put the Tilda quilt on. The only thing I did in the change out was give him a new needle and change thread. Why all of a sudden was he skipping so badly? I tried out a few needles yesterday and even altered their position on the post without any luck so it had to be the thread.
Unfortunately, I did not have another So Fine! cone to switch out so moved over to the Glide thread. Can you see the difference?
| So Fine! vs Glide Thread |
Today is going to be a repeat from yesterday. Hopefully thunderstorms will stay away until I'm done long arming tonight. And, since I'm on the big machines for 10 or so hours, not even any piecing is being done.
No comments:
Post a Comment