Monday, April 27, 2026

Time to Get Out

I've been cooped up in the house for more than two weeks. Cranking away at the long arms and doing not much of anything else has been about the consistency of my life. 

When I wake up in the morning I lay in bed to go over my day in my head and today, studio work wasn't filling my thoughts. At all. Burnout? Boredom? The need for something social? I asked Jim if he would be willing to take me somewhere. 

I can drive. Certainly. But we spent yesterday apart and I didn't want a repeat today. Neither did he. So, we are jumping in the truck and headed to Elm Creek. 

We ended up at there and I purchased a few things. So did Jim.

I was in the middle of blogging yesterday morning and Lisa, Paul, and [new] Kona popped over to say hello while Dave was out mowing. Right after we chatted for some time, and the dogs all played, we took off for our drive.

I didn't get to finish my blog. 

Back to Saturday. The customer wanted me to use the left over backing and batting to quilt her pillow cover. But, it was too short...

The white is the pillow cover itself
After making both of those I loaded and quilted this...


Once I got that quilted up and removed, I had to (re)load this...

When the customer dropped this off and we discussed it, she said she didn't want ANYTHING in the embroidered sections except to ditch the blocks. I questioned this but I do as the customer tells me. 

After she got it home and looked at it further, decided she changed her mind and wanted something in those embroidered blocks because this is what happens when you leave large portions unquilted...

Large portions not quilted will puff up and look sloppy

So all I need to do is get some cross hatching put into each of these nine blocks. Sounds easy enough, right? HA!

I'll be working on this most of today. I have a customer (and friends) coming sometime today to drop off a quilt to be done, and I'm not sure what time they'll be here. I'm thinking probably after lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...