Sunday, April 19, 2026

Midland Quilt Show

The morning started out busy yesterday. A quilt show in Midland and then off to Meijer to get this weeks groceries/birthday gifts for the grandkids.

The quilt show was somewhat disappointing. There were only a few "stunner" quilts and the remaining quilts were merely for utility use. The quilting in most of them was loose and lumpy. And hey, if that's what you want, great. But when those quilts are hung the loose quilting doesn't flatter them.

Here's one of the stunners...

Tantor
Look familiar? This is a quilt Linda M. made and as you can guess, I quilted it; last fall. People sure were going nuts over him and he should receive the wall hanging best of show award. Linda is very humble about her winnings and unless I ask, won't know how he came out in the voting. 

It's nice to see a quilt I did in its entirety! It lets me see where I need to improve and how I did with the overall effect.

I didn't head out to the studio after we returned because we hadn't eaten lunch yet (can't afford to go out anymore) so had to make that and watch our Saturday movie.

One movie turned into several and I just wasn't very motivated to head out there to work so swapped out Saturday for Sunday. Maybe?

As we were finishing our last movie (My Big Fat Greek Wedding II) our power went out. But nobody elses did up and down the lake. Bellers may have lost theirs but they are not currently up this weekend so they weren't here to ask. 

Jim went out to investigate and with our wind (though not alarmingly high) it appeared the ceramic insulator above our transformer broke and then pulled the connecting fuse out. It would have only affected us and Bellers because it was the transformer right here in the back yard.

Consumers said they'd be out around 1:30 a.m. so Jim waited for them and sent me to bed. It was a potential fire hazard so he wanted to make sure all was well until they arrived. They were early arriving around 1:10 and had it fixed within the hour. 

I'm glad this didn't happen during the day when I was trying to long arm. Oh man, I would have been hopping mad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...