Sunday, April 12, 2026

Working Seven Days a Week

I'll be working every day until these deadlines are met. People don't realize that when they stick me with a quick turn-around deadline it puts a lot of pressure on me. I'm not 20 anymore and to work seven days a week takes its toll. I now understand why folks are getting out of this profession.

Even though I'm 'working' seven days a week, some of that work is for my quilts since they are being asked to be put into shows/seminars/workshops. But I still have to stand and hunch and stoop and bend to get my quilts quilted as well. 

Yesterday I unloaded the strip quilt, set it in the guest chair, and loaded the Tilda Make Do and Mend top...

Make Do and Mend
I've already got all the colors quilted in because I knew when I was building this top what I was going to put in there. However, the pattern designers long armer did some really tight matchstick quilting in the background and that's just not what I want to put in. 

I'm going to put squares on point in the border as well as the sashing strips across each row. I think I've settled on a background fill I can live with but as always, once the needle is set in, the decision may change. 

Oh, I have a TV in the studio now. Moms basement flooded with the last heavy rains we received and she had a brand new one in the basement whose box got wet. She asked if I wanted it but couldn't guarantee it would work. 

Well, it's a few years old so the technology isn't up to today's standards. It does indeed work, it's connected to the WIFI but not the cable, and I can stream movies and programs for background noise instead of music all the time. I can't really watch it because it's above the batting closet way up in the air, but that was not its intended purpose anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...