Friday, April 3, 2026

We Will Now Pause For a Station Break

There were no thunderstorms predicted for yesterday. Just freezing rain/snow and then just rain. Not only did we receive a LOT of rain (over an inch) during the course of the day, but in the mid-afternoon we had about two hours worth of thunderstorms. Long arm off. 

I made two pineapple blocks (they take about an hour each to make) while I was waiting for the storms to blow through. Once we thought we were in the clear I fired up DW and did my strip for the day to make sure there weren't going to be anymore surprise weather visits. That happened twice during the one that went through earlier where we thought all was clear and then boom rolls the thunder.

Dianes big rag quilt was finished and her next one on Bernie was basted in and ready to quilt before lunch time. 

Here's what I'll be working on the rest of today...

This one is just a panel with pieced blocks around
Unfortunately, the quilting pics are not coming out this morning so I'll try again later before I get started.

Because there was a weather delay/intermission, I worked until around 7:00 last night and felt like, even though there was a pausing situation, I accomplished a lot. This quilt above is almost half done already and it helped that I was on the phone with my eldest while he was driving home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...