Friday, July 22, 2022

Maybe Make a Reference Sheet

Okay, so new quilters aren't getting the whole "measure your border" thing. And by the time the top gets to me, the border is already attached. And, aside from me removing it and reattaching it, I'm stuck. 

The starch yesterday helped with the first rumpled border situation...

Before starch

After starch
But there's only so much starch can do. The second border situation, even after starching, had a more than 1" ripple in it and so I needed to take a tuck. And, because I had to fuss with borders (waiting for the starch to dry between sprays), it took longer to quilt. Needless to say, I'm working on this quilt again all day today because it, obviously, didn't get finished yesterday. 

I have a new customer coming this morning too. They always have a lot of questions and it takes some time to get to know one another so I'm jumping on the machine even before 10:00 to try to get this quilt done today. That way, I can be "present" for the customer and not focusing on what I have sitting behind me that needs attention.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...