Thursday, February 23, 2023

A Foot of Snow Later

Jim called off work this morning. Getting into unplowed driveways is not his idea of fun. And he promised to take me up to The Springs this morning. He's out trying to get the snow blower to start and is not having good luck with that. 

One of the quilts I have to do belongs to a person up at The Springs right now and I thought I could quickly get it done to deliver to her this week. 

EPP Wreaths
Alas, what seems like a quick and easy feat turns out to be more than expected. Of course. While I was frame ironing her backing I selected a number of motifs to go into the center of these wreaths and then needed to "try them on" to make sure they would not interfere with the rounded inside portion of the block. After some fiddling, was able to stitch in the first row. 

And then I decided that wasn't enough for the block. I ditched the outside. Nope, still not enough. I ditched the inside. Nope. Still not enough. I then ran a 1/2" channel around the outside. Yep, that was perfect. Now what to do in the borders. A reverse curve did the trick. But then after spending a couple of hours on the first row, knew this was not going to be delivered before she leaves on Friday. 
Finding that "just right" amount of quilting

I may not be blogging for a few days since I'll be in and (mostly) out piecing instead of long arming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

I need to get a sign up designating where the door to Quilting at the Lake lives now. That way I don't have to "greet" people ...