Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Calls and Deliveries

When I order batting from my supplier they have, in the past, sent it via USPS. I've received notes in the mailbox that 'the item is too big to fit into box' and it's no wonder...

How the batting arrives
Our road hadn't been plowed until yesterday because the [now] UPS guy said he wanted to deliver this yesterday but couldn't risk coming down our road. The batting company is charging me a delivery charge (it used to be free) but I'll pay the extra to get it here via UPS because our mail guy isn't too bright.

Pats second quilt is almost done. It was 7:30 when I called it. I have another hour and a half (at least) of work to do on it and that would have put me in there until well after 9:00. I think 10 hours is enough for one day.

Needless to say, Barbs quilt didn't get worked on at all.

I received a text from a 'regular' customer of mine about a thread situation into the quilt I just did for her. She's coming over Thursday to take care of that. 

I had a new customer call and she'll be over today after 1:30. 

I had another guy call who wanted me to finish three quilts he just purchased at an estate sale. They needed hand quilting so I'm trying to find the Amish lady that does Ruths hand quilting west of town. 

And, one of my new regular customers called after hours yesterday. Hospice has been called and she needs to get some quilts done before...

Cherish every day you can just because. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lighting

The new studio has amazing lighting in it, yet I was struggling yesterday to see what I was doing. It was a very drab and dreary day and I w...