Thursday, February 16, 2023

Errands Before Snow

Snow is (finally) expected this afternoon so I need to quickly head over to Pieces to replenish their brochure supply. 

Let's talk about cutting rulers. I started out as an Omni Grid/Grip user in the earlier days of my quilting journey. Then I started slowly switching to Creative Grids rulers. Some of them are getting pretty dinged up and scratched (I'm very clumsy). I bought a Quilters Select ruler last week at Pieces to assist with my long arm registration lines on tops. 

Have you ever tried Quilters Select rulers? The reason I steered clear of them before is because I thought they looked kinda dingy and the Creative Grids rulers looked more clean. OMG! You have to try one. I'm in love. They grip much better than CG's, you can see the cutting lines easier (which seems counterintuitive given their smoky look) and the markings make more sense to me. I'm hooked. I may have to look at a few more rulers when I'm over at the shop this morning.

Here's what's on DW today...

Jean's Crabapple Hill Witches of Salem
This is the piece I started about a million years ago and here Jean has it all finished. And it's gorgeous! So excited to be able to finish this one for her. I'm kinda jealous actually. Maybe I'll give her back my unfinished pieces and keep this one for myself. 😜

Here's what's on Bernie today...

Barb's Old World Santas
This is Barbs fourth (and last) for me to do. 

I've got both of these basted in and bordered. Mom came by just as I was finishing Jeans borders and she stayed for a visit for a while. By the time she left I was done with long arming for the day. I put this block together instead...

Three skeins of yarn. Red heart of course
I didn't have the energy to cut for another block so I'll maybe get to do that tonight. And off I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

I need to get a sign up designating where the door to Quilting at the Lake lives now. That way I don't have to "greet" people ...