Tuesday, April 11, 2023

A Day of Rest

After we finished our "flood" work at Moms on Sunday, we came home and basically did nothing the rest of the day. A true day of rest. Decompressing from the death of Jims mom I think. But alas, all rest days must end and I was running full tilt yesterday. 

Elleen's first quilt is done. Here's some of the free motion work it received...

Paisley Feather

Yes, this is me driving. Not the computer. Bernie doesn't have a computer. Here's what's on Bernie today...

Eileen's second quilt
Isn't this pretty? I can't wait to start on it this morning. While I was frame ironing the back, I finished my 3rd Pieces BOM block. Once that was done (man, those are very labor intensive), I headed outside to start spring clean up. I mean, c'mon, I have to go outside when the temps are hovering around 70 degrees. 

I've discovered with the warmer temps, I don't have very supportive summer shoes to stand at the long arm for lengths of time when wearing leggings. I have my Keans when I wear capri pants, but they don't go with leggings. A girl has to feel good about herself, right? 

Not only that, I was perusing through the closet this morning, and discovered I don't really have a suitable anything to wear to a cold/spring funeral. The temps next week are supposed to resume back to normalcy and that means colder. I think a shopping trip is in order. And that's a bummer. I'd rather spend money on quilting stuff than clothing stuff. Truly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...