Saturday, April 8, 2023

Shifting Gears

When a parent is in Hospice care, daily plans have a tendency to become a little blurred. What we WANT to do and what we NEED to do are two entirely different plan-o-grams. Jim had a day not including running back up to Traverse City on his radar today. He received a text and a voicemail from his sister that his mom had taken a turn very early this morning. 

Meaning, I have the house to myself (again) most of today. What I had planned hasn't changed much since my mom is fine and is out shopping for a shop vac for her basement that flooded this past week with all of our lovely rain. 

DW is still sitting in idle mode until the batting arrives on Tuesday. I have to sort through the queue and find a customer quilt that's small enough to get onto Bernie. Meanwhile, here is where he's at...

A naked long arm is a grumpy long arm
Once I find the right quilt and start frame ironing the backing, I'm going to pull my two quilts that still need binding done into the back room to work on. I sure wish I had my sewing table back. 

This hauling stuff to the backroom, setting up, running for stuff I forgot, getting a stool to hold up the quilting being bound, fighting with the small space while binding, and then reversing the whole process is taking too much time (waste, waste, waste) and moreover, is very not fun. Quilting should be fun.

It's snowing this morning. Yep, 50 yesterday and snow coming down pretty nicely. Gotta love our state. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...