Thursday, April 27, 2023

Sheet Day

It's supposed to be near 60 today, so the day I've been waiting for has arrived. Washing ALL the sheets from the family visit last week. There's nothing better than a line-dried sheet to snuggle in at night. 

In between washing/hanging sheets I'll be working on both the Linda H.'s quilts. This is a little of what's going into the DW Linda H. quilt...

Celtic themed
This quilt is getting custom quilted, but using [mostly] the computer. I tried to take a pic of the Linda H quilt on Bernie, but I'm using such a matching thread, that I had a hard time getting the phone to pic up anything. 

I tell my customers I see every square millimeter of their quilt, and that's not an exaggeration. Here's something I found while working on the ditch work...

See the tear?
After working on the long arms for eight hours, I switched over to the domestic to finish the Pieces BOM #4 blocks...
Month #4
Once I got those done I was still in daylight so decided to start an appliqué project. I'm not sure where I got this? Probably a sale over at Pieces, but I love doing appliqué things and stuff in the summer months. 

I'm NOT using Heat n' Bond on this one (I sincerely dislike how it needles when blanket stitching/long arming). Nor am I using Steam a Seam. I'm using something called Misty Fuse. MUCH BETTER!

Starting a new project
There are plenty of YouTube videos out there if you want to check out Misty Fuse. Basically, instead of tracing your appliqué shape onto the paper side of those other fusables, you trace it onto parchment paper to transfer the design. Easy enough! Anyway, I'm excited to start on this and have all my tracing done thus far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...