Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Windy

It's been pretty windy here the past two days. I guess today is supposed to be much of the same. But, it's been warm and looking ahead, it's supposed to be this way the remainder of the week. 

However, Monday, the day of the funeral, it's supposed to snow. Only in our mitten state. 

Here's what's on DW (and has been for five days now), but the batting arrived yesterday giving me the opportunity to finally work on this Spartan top...

We've seen this before.
I know I posted this pic last week, but I need to keep track of when/whose quilt I work on. My blog helps to do that. 

I've already started channeling the top border and have worked on the first three green squares. DW is going to drive the Spartan helmet and block S in the white squares. This is going to be a little tricky. The customer wants COMPLETELY green thread. That's fine in the green areas. Not so much in the white.

When you put a darker thread into a lighter fabric EVERY little mistake shows. This is going to be very slow going today.

I got the first row (of four) done on Elleens quilt done yesterday. I'll jump over there later this afternoon and chip away some more on it once I've spent the day with Nancy's spartan quilt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...