Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Blankets are not Quilts

While talking to folks at the funeral, they often refer to my quilting as "making blankets". To a quilter, that's like fingernails on the chalkboard. At least, to this quilter it is. 

Did I mention my mishap with my coffee last week? I spilled coffee all over my sewing machine table. I got it up fairly quickly and went about my normal day. 

But I kept smelling coffee. So I washed the floor again. The sewing table again. The rug. My boots that are right there. Yet, I kept smelling coffee. I figured out why this morning while sewing a temporary leader onto the rush quilt I'm doing today. The coffee went down into the bobbin housing into the actual sewing machine. 

Here's what's on DW this morning...
Bbbbaaaahhhh
Jim is up in TC with his family. This quilt is due tomorrow (dropped off on Monday while we were at the funeral) so I couldn't go up with him since I needed to work. It's sure acting like it's a Monday though with all the mishaps I've had so far. 

Here's hoping you have a better Wednesday/week than mine has started out to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...