Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Bug Man Day

I know it's officially spring when my Orkin man schedules his first appointment of the season. I keep the house bug-free because customer tops/quilts don't need to take home anything they did not bring. And, we keep the dogs on a flea/tick/mite medicine to make sure they don't bring any unwanted guests into the house too. Today is bug man day. Of course it is. It's raining outside (storming actually). It seems like it's always raining when he comes. 

Here's what's on DW this morning...

A Thank-You gift
This is Janice's second top. It's huge! 110x111! It's getting an edge-to-edge but I'm driving. There are three color changes in there and I don't want to set up the computer every time to stop and let me do those changes. By the time I did that I could have finished the quilt myself. Which, I'm doing. Plus, I have a customer coming later and of course, bug man coming in a few hours. 

You know the rule: If I step away from the long arm while it's computerized stitching, it'll break a thread as sure as shootin'. 

I did get a row in on the Bernina last night while I was frame ironing Janice's backing. Maybe in a few days that will finally be done. I have another quilt-along to participate in and the last block is being revealed sometime this week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...