Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Deadlines

Okay people, if you've given me a deadline, I'm going to meet it. Period. I've never missed one yet and I have no intention of ever missing one. There is really no reason to call or text or email to see how I'm coming along on your quilt. This takes time away from the actual quilting process and it puts me even further behind. 

Soap box done for the day.

I soap boxed because lately I've had a lot of folks calling to see where they are at in the queue and how soon before their quilt is done. And, then giving me deadlines after initially telling me there wasn't any hurry on getting their quilt back. 

Here's the math: It takes me an average of three days to do a quilt. I have nearly 40 in queue right now. 3 x 40 = 120 days. Any questions? 

Here's what's on DW this morning...

Memory Quilt Top

I have two similar quilt tops to do back to back. This is for one of my customers/friends down in the Lansing area and since we're heading to Lansing on Saturday, it would be awesome if I could get these both done beforehand so I can deliver them instead of having to have the customer come way up here to get them. 

But then again, I didn't realize these were so large and that may be a stretch. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...