Wednesday, July 12, 2023

We're Back!

DW is back from his spa week down in Lansing. Quite a few things were found that were wrong with his old self, but when Jim heard him [test] running he said he sounded like new. I, on the other hand, am feeling not so new.

He's back!
I got all the poles put in this morning and have everything moved to get right back into the swing of things.

During our rain-filled reunion, caught a chill and I think Jims sister decided to share her Croatian cold with me. I was on the couch for three days trying to shake this thing. I'm still not a hundred percent, but I'm getting there. 

I've already had one quilt dropped off this morning and have another coming later this afternoon. I'm frame ironing a backing on DW and this is what will be loaded once I get that done. 

Mary's beautiful (and very large) quilt

Meanwhile, Jims leg is on the mend, although he goes in for an MRI early (2am) Monday morning to rule out a possible bone chip. We have a lawn that, with the rain, has decided to get ridiculous and we are still trying to close out the reunion stuff, but hopefully will be done with that later today. We have rain coming so I'm afraid I'm going to have to mow yet this morning before the customer shows early this afternoon. 

Ahhh...such is the life of a small business owner I suppose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...