Monday, July 31, 2023

More Construction

Most of this weekend was spent outside. All except for yesterday. But since Thursday afternoon, we've been out working on the new studio. Here's where we ended Saturday afternoon...

Foundation is Done!
By "we" I mean my totally wonderful boys Caleb and Ben as well as Jim and I. The boys are work machines and without them Jim and I would still be on the first row had we had to do this ourselves. 

We have to wait a few days before any other "major" construction commences to let the mortar dry and make sure everything is settling. Jim will slurry the sides this evening after he gets home from work (today was his first day back), but that's a minor thing.

I spent yesterday in the studio most of the day working on this...

A bucket list project I've wanted to make
I've wanted to make a US map from appliqué since forever. This is the beginning. I have about 100 flying geese to put around the first border I've already attached, and then another border will be added after that. 

But, that's for later tonight or next weekend, depending on how much new studio construction assistance will be needed depends on how much "after work" time I get on quilting projects. 

I'll be working on Pats quilt today and hope to round that out later this evening now that I have my groove on quilt path and thread changes figured out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...