Saturday, July 22, 2023

Feet

When sewing conventionally there are several feet available for ones sewing machine; even the lesser expensive models have a few feet that come with the machine. Did you know the same is true for a long arm? It is, after all, nothing more than a giant sewing machine turned 90 degrees.

When I'm working an appliqué (or in this case, a memory quilt), I use several feet to move around the quilt. 

A cup/spoon/Glide foot
This foot is used for heavy bulk, and in my case, to get in between the folds of each of the dresses.

An echo foot
I have these in 3/8", 1/2", and 3/4" sizes. I'm using the 1/2" for this particular quilt.

Ruler foot
The one I use the most. It has a higher profile on the sides to keep from jumping over the edges of my rulers and causing serious damage to the machine. 

I have two of these feet also available for the Bernina as well as others. But for this particular quilt, these are the three I'm using. 

Off to Lansing first thing this morning for our grandsons 5th birthday party, so not much quilting today I'm afraid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...