Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Happy Independence Day!

It is the 4th of July, but all the celebrating was done over the weekend. It's quieter around here than even a normal Tuesday. I took the day off (much needed) but spent all day in the studio making these...

Pencil (or whatever) Pouches
These are all for the little kids under the age of about eleven. I worked in the trailer all yesterday morning (mice got in again over the winter). Yesterday afternoon it was too hot to really do anything outside, so after finishing Lynn S.'s quilt, I made four blocks for the 100 block challenge. I had a customer come and pick up her two quilts amongst all of that. 

Looks like one of them was still "resting" when I snapped this pic
I worked on these while frame ironing for the next quilt on Bernie...

Joann's Christmas Tree
The campgrounds where we have the weekend-long reunion, has Christmas in July every year that same weekend. So, maybe this Christmas tree is appropriate? I want to start quilting it (like now), but know if I get started, I'll be angry during the family time about not being able to come home and finish it.

And, Quilting at the Lake is closed until next Tuesday. 

I decided with Jim having to go to the med center tomorrow morning (he has a cough he can't seem to shake and I'm thinking he has an upper respiratory something or another going on), then off to Midland to shop for 80 people for two days, and our own grocery shopping as well--we won't be home until much later in the afternoon. And, I haven't really started packing the trailer. I suppose I need to start on that now that I'm done sewing for the day? Bleh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...