Friday, February 19, 2021

11 x 12

I have enough sets started from the greens to make the Rail Fence top 11 blocks wide by 12 blocks long. That'll be something like 88" x 92" without any borders. It may be smaller because I have yet to trim all these darn blocks down. I think maybe a four-patch border would be cute around the outside. Hmmm? I'll think about it today.

Here's what we have on the frame this morning...

Jane's Top for her granddaughter
I don't know that this will actually get quilted today. Mom wants to head to West Branch for a shopping day and since I haven't been out of the house to do anything like shopping in four weeks, it's probably time to go out into the world and experience life again.

Funnily enough, 10 years ago you couldn't have kept me in a house for this long. After a few days I would have been climbing the walls, let alone weeks on end. But I love my studio so much. I love our property and the lake. I love being here with Hazel all day. I love how mellow I am here and it's hard to leave. 

Jim wants to go downstate tomorrow to visit our son and grab my sewing machine, and do other stuff around the "big city" but I'm balking at the trip for the reasons stated above. But I know I need to get that machine back home because once the rail fence blocks start going together the industrial machine is going to be needed. And we haven't seen Ben since Christmas. I miss him.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...