Saturday, February 27, 2021

A Late Studio Start

Jim had to run to a call-out and after our quilt deliveries/food pick up jaunt this morning I'm able to get into the studio for a spell.

It's a top!

The Rail Fence top is done. It finished at 86" x 94" and I wanted to load it so badly last night. But, no backing. It's probably just as well since I still have a few customer long arm things to work on still hanging out in the "holding cell". 

After the rail fence top was finished, I pulled out #2 of my year-to-elminiate-scraps project. Strings!

Reminds me of the framing wall at Hobby Lobby
I don't know if I'm going to leave them in the chevron format, turn them into large squares on point, or what? Still unsure of that yet. But for now they're like this so I can view them better while constructing them. I plan on making 100 11-inch blocks which should yield a pretty tidy quilt top...and eliminate most of those darn strings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...