Thursday, February 11, 2021

Custom Quilts

Doing custom work is my absolute favorite type of quilting to do. It allows me freedom and the ability to be a little artistic...rather than robotic. And watching the quilt as it comes to life is also a plus. 

After the marks are removed and the detail added
And sometimes the back of the quilt looks just as good as the front.

The back
I'm in kind of a weird situation right now. Nothing is on the long arm. Even Hazel is wondering where the stuff is that should be on the frame.

Where's the quilt mom?
But have no fear. After tonight, the long arm will be rockin'. I have a special quilt (or maybe two) coming for a person who is trying to get them completed quickly. She has some medical issues that leads towards a not long existence. And this is her last hurrah before she leaves for heaven. I'm honored they are requesting my services to do this for her. 

So, until then, I'll make some rail fence blocks and clean the machine to get ready for our next long arming marathon over the weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...