Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Dear Jane

I think there's a quilt pattern or fabric pattern out there called Dear Jane. 

Janes first quilt was completed yesterday and the second one loaded and started. Here's what's on the frame this morning...

Janes second granddaughter quilt
DW started this, but then he was having some issues after some adjustments I made. I decided I could mimic what the stitch pattern was and decided to do this one myself. 

The adjustments were changing needle size. And angle. And that wasn't the right thing to do. Skip, skip, skip. DW prefers a larger needle no matter the thread size. Period. He does NOT do anything less than a size 19. Period (I only went down one size to an 18). He wasn't having anything to do with it so we went back to our regularly scheduled programming and now he's fine again.

What made me change was my dealer. He said the machine is timed differently when using a high-speed needle, which I have switched over to. Because, let's face it, I quilt fast. I had to get some more needles and my dealer kind of ripped me about using these high speed needles "because that's not how the machine gets timed when I bring it in". Well, he works fine with them. 

I called Handi Quilter to question the validity of this new information and the tech said it wasn't really that big of a deal. Then the tech told me that my needle MUST be positioned at the 6:30 position. NOT 6:28-6:25 where it sometime is. I moved it and DW still seems to be stitching fine...as long as he has that size 19 high speed needle in there. 

That was an hour or more out of my afternoon yesterday. Adjustments can only be made one at a time and it takes a while to determine the cause of issues when they start happening. 

After Jim got home, I was pooped. I had already quilted one quilt, started another, cleaned the studio while the first was stitching out, and a plethora of other small things were accomplished in here as well (moving and organizing my long arm bobbins, getting Jay back set up, etc.). And, I think I'm getting my grandsons cold because I wasn't feeling all that great. Still not feeling that well this morning.

I did get these laid out on the wall though. I had to do them by quadrants because it's going to be a rather large top when I get it all put together.

Laying out the Rail Fence 
Finishing Janes second quilt today. Loading another quilt for tomorrow. Piecing these quadrants together is on my radar for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...