Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Flexability

My hours, as stated on my brochure, my website, Google, and my blog, are 10-4 M-F and 10-1 on Saturday. But I'm pretty flexible and realize life gets precedence allowing customers to come when it's convenient for us both.

Last night, around 6:15, I had a [regular] customer come to drop off four tree skirts for quilting. She brought another prospective customer with her and it was a win-win. If I hadn't let her come later than the posted hours I would not have met the new person and may have lost some potential business. 

Here's what's on the frame this morning and is actually being quilted out as I'm blogging...

Linda's King-Size
This top measure 94x104" and because most of the quilting will get lost in it, it's going to get an E2E with DW assisting today.

After the customers left last night I commenced piecing and then trying to put together Month #12 of Celestial Star.

Month #12
I completely misread the construction instructions after the pieces were paper pieced and had to rip out about half of the block. And, I'm without my industrial machine (down for service and cleaning) so had to work this on Lilo...my Handi Quilter Stitch 210. It's a very small machine but seems to plow through bunches of seams without too many issues. The Janome Horizon I have eats batiks when I try to start the blocks, so piecing on him is avoided for that task. 

Today I'll continue with this block. It has a paper pieced border running around it and while DW is working, I'll do some more on Celestial Stars. 

Hazel seemed to enjoy her new groomer, in as much as she likes to eat lettuce. She liked playing with all the other doggies, but her new groomer said she would not behave in the washer, dryer, or on the table. And did not want to be caught to come in to get groomed to start with. But since the experience was relatively positive, maybe with a few visits she'll get better about the whole thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...