Friday, February 5, 2021

Dicey Day

Hesitation to long arm is met when the winds are whipping out there so bad our electricity has blinked already a couple of times on and off. It's trying to decide what it wants to do. And subjecting DW to that may not be the right decision today. But at any case, this is what's on the frame this morning.

Not a very good pic of Paulette's second quilt
Paulette is having me quilt this with wool which is very cool! Quilting with wool lets all the puffiness come through and show off not only my quilting, but her piecing as well.

After I pulled off her first quilt and then loaded her second, I needed to doodle to decide in what direction I was going to go with this one. While I was coming up with ideas, I started piecing together the Celestial Star top. 

I didn't get it all sashed in before running out of steam, but here's where it's at this morning.

Celestial Stars coming together
This top is not going to be nearly as big as anticipated. 59"x75" is what the pattern indicates for finished size. It's going to make somebody a nice throw.

Today, since I may wait a bit to see if the winds do calm down, I have a little reorganizing to do in the studio. Currently my batiks are in a rolling cabinet in drawers, while all the other fabrics are in crates throughout the room. 

Part of the long arming thread is in the secret drawer under the table of the long arm, but some of it is in crates on the floor. 

This makes no sense all of a sudden and swapping them out for each other is going to happen. I may not like it and may just put it back, but it's a physical something to do to keep me warm as the wind howls and the temps continue to drop, and, it needed to be done (at least in my head anyway). 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...