Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Making it Pretty

When a customer tells me to edge-to-edge their quilt, yet a lot of negative space is available to show off their work, taking advantage of the space begging to showcase what they've done HAS to happen. The creative side in me won't let me do otherwise.

While this customer did not say to E2E the embroidery sections, she did in the rest of the quilt. I still couldn't let a sleeping dog lay. But here's what's going into todays piece.

Showing off her beautiful embroidery work

The quilting day was cut short since we had to be in Midland for a 5:00 appointment for Jim. Therefore continuation of this quilt will ensue today. 

Since we arrived back home later than expected (had to run to the store after the appointment) I decided to work on a few more rail fence blocks. 24 blue/teal "centers" were constructed before calling it a night.  

The wind is blowing and the snow is starting to let up, giving us a new 3-4 inches overnight last night. All the sledding tracks from the weekend are nearly gone. What a beautiful backdrop for a productive quilting day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...