Saturday, February 6, 2021

Thread

Sometime ago I was told that most high-end machines that are having trouble have a high (more than 80% rate) issue rate due to crappy thread. I use to purchase Connecting Threads thread for all my piecing. Talk about linty and causing issues with more than one of my machines. Some folks find it fine to work with but since my machines are my business, why not take care of them? And it wasn't performing that well for me anyway. ALL of that thread is now gone. 

The next thing to do was research thread. Aurifil thread is stellar! BUT, very, (very) expensive. Since I use thread in bulk this isn't really an option any more. And, I have found the last two spools have been somewhat linty (more than usual). After deciding between two resources (MSQC and Quilted Joy), opted for the MSQC box of 30 assorted colors since they double mercerize their threads and it comes with a great storage box to boot. 

Okay, that's done for the day. 

Long arming this morning on Paulette's quilt. This is some of what's been going in there...

The main stars (which received some additional quilting later)

Setting triangles

Ignore my notes on the bottom right corner

This is a completely custom quilt top so it's going to take some time.

I had to slip long arming in yesterday between the high winds. After the lights flickered a few times, quit for a while. But then the winds settled a bit in the afternoon for a spell, and was able to get a few more hours in before they kicked up again. 

Between long arm sessions, I was working and finishing the Celestial Stars top!

Celestial Stars all Complete

Now that Celestial Stars is finished, I can start to work on the Rail Fence Scrappy blocks. And as I was laying in bed this morning, was thinking about (again), my little town I was working on a few years ago. I've started and stopped that top more times in the last couple of years. Maybe it's time to drag it out and start to work on it again???


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...