Tuesday, January 18, 2022

A Productive Day

Karen's quilt is complete but not without some thread breaks (used Omni in the top) and an issue with her last border...

This ain't right!

I had a decision to make on this. Either I could a) Modify the quilting going in to better match the situation at hand, which would make the motif wonky, or b) Just let it stitch out and keep the motif square. I opted for b. I'll have to discuss this with her when she comes to fetch the quilt later. She may have me pull the stitches and try again, or (fingers crossed) just roll with it. 

After Karen's quilt was done (she had me put E2E in it, which doesn't take nearly as long as custom), I loaded Jills top. Here's what's on the frame today...

Jills cute Gnome(s)
Jill said she wanted and E2E in here as well. But. I. Just. Can't! Too many color variations and it's going to be a wall hanging so I need to do my thing. And Jill will be fine with that because I won't charge her for the custom work I'm going to put in. 

Once I was done marking Jills borders out I had had enough of the long arm fun for the day, but continued to quilt. Only on my sit down. I'm about a 1/3 of the way through this and it's really making this little piece cute. 

A Partridge in a Pear Tree
I have a customer coming by later this afternoon to drop off, but I'll work Jills quilt most of the day before and after. And then some more Partridge work later tonight. 

Got a call from Lina M. last night and her quilt top will be here this weekend (she hopes) and so all other tops will be parked since Linda has an extremely tight deadline to meet on this one. She usually does her own quilting, but with her health situation (of late), doesn't think she should be standing at her machine for that long. I'm honored to be chosen to do one of her pieces (and honestly, a little nervous because she's a perfectionist), but all I can do is my best and hope it's okay by her standards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Updates

Every once in a while I have to update the blog, or the web site, or my IG account. I like doing it but when it's only done every once i...