Thursday, January 20, 2022

Okay Gang

I know some of you are short on materials and I'm all about making things work. But this seems to be a consistent problem lately...

Backing, Batting, and Top from the bottom upwards
See those red snappers between the backing and the batting? I actually ended up sewing through one yesterday finishing this quilt trying to make this situation work. There went that needle.

But I overcame the situation and the quilt is finished. Here's what I have on the frame for the next couple of days...

Ginny's top is 100% turned edge appliqué!!!!!!!!!
And it's gorgeous. I could never (thank you dumb thumb) be able to make something like this so I admire them for every second I'm working on them. This was actually loaded early last evening and I was so excited to get started afterwards that I did start it last night. More pics tomorrow since I'll have it on the frame most of today and part of tomorrow (at least). 

Customers coming in and out all day today which backs up the long arming somewhat. 

I received an Oliso travel iron for Christmas (a present to me from me) because my little yard sale special is nearly coming apart. I need to make a travel bag for it for the next retreat and found a wonderful (SewVeryEasy) YouTube video about making an even simpler drawstring bag than those I have constructed in the past. I'll work on that more tonight now that I (kinda) know what I need to do and have the perfect fabrics picked out for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Updates

Every once in a while I have to update the blog, or the web site, or my IG account. I like doing it but when it's only done every once i...