Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Ever Have One of Those Days?

Yesterday started out great. The quilting stars were all aligned perfectly and I was cruising along making stellar progress on Jills quilt. 

Then Linda stopped by to drop off a project; I gave her a project in return, and then I had lunch. Cleaned up dishes, watered the dog, and headed to the studio. That's when things started getting weird.  

I hadn't removed the static in my boots prior to touching the head computer and when I touched it, it went black for a second. But I checked it afterward and everything seemed fine. 

I decided, instead of trying to mark the flannel in the middle of Jills quilt, to have the ProStitcher on DW stitch out the grid I wanted to quilt in there. So I fired up the ProStitcher and started right in. I didn't like the first motif, stopped the machine, ripped out stitches, and then selected another. The first two sections went in fine.

And then, right in the middle of section three (there are 12 total), the machine stopped. Dead. D.E.D...dead! The gears were still humming, but the computer itself was black. Yet, my head computer was still fine. Hmm???

After fiddling around with it for a bit, found that the ProStitcher computer had merely run out of power. I'm not sure why, I mean, I hadn't charged it since early this fall. Shouldn't it last longer? I immediately got the charging going, but when the machine is charging it's unusable. Too many cords back there. I moved along to something else; the Partridge.

Now, my little sit down machine is pretty reliable. I'll have a thread break once in a while traveling from right to left and up to 10:00, but other than that, it stitches nice and I have relatively low problems. Except yesterday. Thread breaks, missed stitches, more thread breaks. Apparently I wasn't supposed to quilt anything yesterday. 

But I didn't let it deter me. I persevered and completed the stitching on the Partridge. What. A. Day.

Pretty Cool!
Don't know how I'm going to finish this yet, but at least I didn't let my machines win yesterday. Here's to crossing our fingers (and toes, and hairs, and anything else) a good quilting day occurs today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Updates

Every once in a while I have to update the blog, or the web site, or my IG account. I like doing it but when it's only done every once i...