Thursday, January 13, 2022

Back on Track

Ila's first top is now a quilt and her second is loaded and already basted in. Here's what I have on the frame today... 

Ila's second top

I'll be working on this for the next few days since each block is different. A new quilting scheme needs to be thought out and put in, not to mention the thread changes. 

I did get my Cotton Cuts block(s) also completed before calling it a night.

The next retreat is in five weeks. I would like to have all the remaining pieces cut for the pineapple blocks and what isn't already assembled will be taken and finished there. Katie also showed me a few tops she's considering bringing along and I fell in love with one of them. So, of course, I have to make one too. 

First I'll need to decide what color scheme I want to make it. Jim likes the scrappy one that was shown in one of the examples. I've made a lot of scrappy quilts lately (aside from the four at retreat) and don't really want to go there, so I need to think of something else to do. Pastels, holiday-themed, brights, color-themed...ahhh the possibilities. Something to think about during my "windshield" time on the long arm today I suppose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Updates

Every once in a while I have to update the blog, or the web site, or my IG account. I like doing it but when it's only done every once i...