Friday, January 14, 2022

Moms and Dads

Jim's mom, and my dad, aren't doing well. My grandma (who heard it from her mother) used to say, "Getting old isn't for sissy's!" A fractured text/phone conversation with my dad first thing this morning proves as much.  

I'm just thankful I can do what I love to do in the years I can still do it. I know someday this will all come to an end so I savor and enjoy each and every minute I get to make quilt tops actual quilts for clients. 

This is shown in what I put into them. Like the one below...

Ila's quilting detail
This is NOT computerized, but done on an imaginary grid using rulers. I'll continue on with this today and work more on cutting pieces out for the pineapple blocks. I made a dent in that endeavor last night but still have a long way to go. 

I also need to start looking for fabric for the snowflake top Linda McGibbon designed. It may be tough because she said this was a design from last year and trying to find the same fabrics could be tricky. Challenge accepted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Updates

Every once in a while I have to update the blog, or the web site, or my IG account. I like doing it but when it's only done every once i...