Monday, January 10, 2022

Much to Share

Hullo! It's been a while hasn't it? Some boxes arrived while I was sewing my fingers to the bone. Presents for the studio...

A new cordless iron and teflon pressing mat from MSQC

51 spools of new colors to add to the variety from Quilted Joy
What a great retreat. I didn't think it would turn out as well as it did since there was a total of 10 of us not counting the camp director and her staff. But because it was a smaller group, we were able to get to know each other and support each others efforts in the quilting journey.

Despite being pretty social during the event, I was able to get a few things done. 

Gnome for the Holidays
This was my last completion on yesterday. Those striped mitered corners were interesting since I've only done miters about three times in my quilting life. 

DogGone It!
I made this for our dog sitter, Luann. She's a quilt maker too but who doesn't need another quilt to snuggle up with. I'm not sure when I'll get it done to give to her, but the intention is there. 

John Deere Green
Got this fabric from the sale table at Pieces and it's for Jim's mechanic, who said he wanted a John Deere quilt. I designed this one into a jumbo size from another tractor block I found on-line. What I learned about this quilt top is that you don't figure sizes and cut pieces after working 10-12 hours that day because my measurements in some of this were WAY off. But I managed. 

Dr. Seuss Compilation
And who doesn't like a good Dr. Seuss book? I'll keep this around the house for the grandkids to snuggle under while I read them books before bed. 

All of these fabrics/kits came from Pieces of Thyme quilt shop. Doesn't she just have the greatest variety? 

Today is put the studio back together day and, finally, a work day. I'm actually looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Updates

Every once in a while I have to update the blog, or the web site, or my IG account. I like doing it but when it's only done every once i...