Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Happy Hunting Day

Jim is "home" today but out hunting deer. He'll be "home" tomorrow too. I've heard a lot of shots around the area, but he hasn't gotten anything as of yet. 

Here's what's on DW today...

Joyce's gift to her husband
This is a very large top and is taking quite some time to quilt. It would help if people would be a little more patient with me. I'm a custom quilter, not a machine; not a robot. It all takes time to plan and then implement,,,and implement with artistry not mechanics. 

Calls about "when is my quilt going to be done" when I haven't even had them for a month is frustrating and then puts pressure on me to hurry up and just whip through these. I don't think people want me whipping through anything. 

I have a LOT of Christmas tops to get through. I'm working two machines at once, and I WILL meet all deadlines; even if I have to work 20 hour days. Which may be an actual situation if this keeps up. I guess I try to please everybody and make sure my business/name stays on the good side of things. My health may be the result of the downfall though and that's kind of concerning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning Studio!

The new studio is now operational. I only have the electrical stuff to plug in (big machines, chargers, rewinder, sewing machines), but ever...