Tuesday, November 1, 2022

It's the 1st

I take time on the first of every month to thoroughly clean out any machines I've used since the last month. DW certainly needed a scrubbing! He's been working his arse off the past month and deserved the royal treatment. Bernie and Ellie are still very new, but they got a bit of a spa treatment this morning as well.

Here's what's on DW this morning...

Another big one from Sandy
This is getting an E2E, but I'm driving today instead of the computer. When we have a lot of passes from right to left, threads have a tendency to get twisted and eventually snap. She wants rolling waves in here so I'll just do my thing going from left to right.

Diana's quilt is done, but still on Bernie. 

Some of the quilt detail in Diana's quilt
I haven't unloaded it yet because I received notification my new Red Snappers have been shipped and I'm kinda waiting for those to arrive before loading anything else. I know. I'm being a baby about pinning. But I'm woman enough to admit I'm clumsy and sticking myself with pins isn't high on my fun list. 

I tried a new thread out yesterday (always willing to keep an open mind about these things), and I've gotta say, we're not ever using that again in the long arm. This was after one pass yesterday...

The bobbin area was much worse
I was having to clean the whole thread path and the bobbin area with each pass. I'm glad today was the first because he took a little abuse yesterday. The thread that did this? Mettler. I wouldn't recommend it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...