Thursday, June 15, 2023

100 Blocks in 100 Days

Angie, from Gnome Angel, is again hosting a 100 blocks in 100 days quilt-along. I was vacillating on whether or not I was going to participate, but then after attending the Pieces of Thyme sale last night, found fabric bundles and complimentary yardages at a fairly low price. So, I'm doing it. It starts July 1st and after returning home, I purchased the pattern, which is now on its way. 

I may regret my choice of pattern though. After placing my order, found there are a lot of little pieces in some of the blocks and instead of choosing paper piecing I instead opted for a traditionally pieced pattern without the templates. I may regret this decision. Hmmm?? I'll find out when the pattern arrives.

Still working on Bernadettes quilt. Here's some of the quilting going into it. Enjoy!

3-D tire track

Straw sticking out of the bales

A new background filler

Pebbles in the corn

Giving the silo some dimension
I'm just about done with the center section, which is loaded with stuff to do. I may (big if here) get this done today. I have customers in and out all day today to pick up. They are heading to the sale and will be by here in their travels. No work on Bernie yesterday. 

We are getting a nice soaking rain this morning and it's so dark out I have all the lights on in the house. But we need the rain. Jim worked on the footers again last night and even though we do need the rain, he didn't really want any right now with the studio work he's dealing with. Leveling requires precision and mucking up the soil is not a good building plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...