Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Very Busy Monday

I got Luanns first quilt quilted. Here's some of the detail that went into it...

Flowers for the Gnomes
Once that was done, I got right into the second one of hers. While frame ironing her back, I worked on Diane's quilt on Bernie. Bernie and I were not getting along yesterday. After getting about a third of the way into Diane's quilt, I decided to shut Bernie off for the day. It wasn't worth the headaches. I know what's wrong, and until I get a new backlash spring for the bobbin case (I messed it up), we will probably have these issues. 

Luanns backing was ready anyway and so headed back over to DW to get her threads picked out and get her top basted in for this morning. Here's what's on DW today...

Cute and soft (flannel) baby quilt
I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with this but I'll take a look at the patchwork and decide from there. 

Jim brought the trencher home yesterday and worked on the corners of the new studio last night...

Cutting through that rock hard clay
While he was working out there, and after I was prepped for today, I switched to some piecing and put together the next block in FGV2...

Strawberry Jam
I think I only have four more to do before I can start constructing this top. I'll have to recheck that tonight. 

Expecting one customer today; both a pick up and a few drop-offs, and there is a lot of noise in and around the neighborhood again. Mowing, weed whacking, deck building, barn building, rock dumping, dam construction, and of course, my long arm machine will add to the mix. All the signs of summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...