Monday, June 26, 2023

Lesson Learned

Saturday, while I was coaching my 7-year old granddaughter through her first experience with cross stitching on plastic canvas (her other grandma bought her a kit), I was cutting out the next three blocks on the 100 blocks challenge. Her parents were canning strawberry jam and her brothers, were as usual, beating each other up. 

When I went to piece these together yesterday, discovered that block #12 was cut pretty incorrectly and had to recut several pieces, or even cut pieces I skipped over. Block #31 was cut as an entirely different block and none of it usable. Needless to say, I only got two blocks done yesterday...

#3 and #12 in the mustard yellow
Won't have time today to deal with this until maybe later tonight. Since Jim is out of commission until further notice, ALL the house/yard chores as well as my business are on my shoulders. I'll have to make sure all of that is dealt with before I get some sinful piecing pleasure at night. 😇

Working on Pam K.'s quilt today mostly. DW is supposed to head to Lansing on Friday, but again, it depends on what the ortho people say later this week and whether he can even drive himself down there. I'd have to load DW myself into the truck and I'm not sure I'll be able to get him up there in the back seat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...