Thursday, June 1, 2023

Binding is...

...a love it or hate it kind of thing. Or maybe something in between. I don't hate binding, but I don't love it either. Of all the quilting tasks that one has to do to complete a quilt, binding is my least favorite. Today, I have a customer quilt to bind. I've been putting it off thinking I would do it during the holiday weekend, but obviously that didn't happen.

And, NO, I don't bind quilts for customers. But wait...didn't you just say you were doing a binding for a customer? This customers falls into the "grandfather" clause meaning, I'll bind for her, her sister, and another customer I have who is young and doesn't know how to do it yet. I've offered to teach her, but she has two young children and doesn't have the time to sit and learn quite yet. 

Jodie's quilt is off DW's frame and this is what he's wearing today (and tomorrow, and probably through the weekend)...

Carla's beautiful hand embroidered top
I'm going to focus on Donna's quilt on Bernie today. It's been on there too long and it's time to get it done. 

No rain yesterday! Again! I guess the west side of the state got under an inch, but it went completely by us. Yet, the neighbor is out mowing right now. (My turf-grass major son said you don't mow during a drought no matter how high the grass gets). And ours is getting pretty scrubby looking but it's hard on the mowers in the heat and it's hard on the grass with no rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...