Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Ouch!

Typing a little slow this morning. More to come on that. Cathy's quilt is finished and here's what's loaded onto DW today...

Bernadettes Self-designed top
This quilt top is so darn stinking cute! And Bernadette did all the design work herself. Mickey's quilt is still on the frame, but quilted. Here's some of the background fill...
I love my swirls
I was just about finished with this quilt when this happened...
Ouch
Benie bit me. I guess I wanted to have part of my body long armed into Mickey's quilt. 83+ million stitches on DW and he's only every nicked a fingernail. Not even 4 million on Bernie and he's already biting. Not cool. 

What this means is that I'm very comfortable with Bernie and I'm getting a little lax and sloppy. I respect DW until the cows come home. He's a bigger machine and I'm always on my toes with him. Bernie and I are like best friends and we've gotten into a comfortable relationship since he's much smaller and not as intimating. 

I didn't want to bleed all over Mickey's quilt so decided to do something else for the night; loaded and basted in Bernadettes top and then I put this block together before calling it a day...

Quilting Day Block
Jim is starting his jams for the season. Strawberry was done last night. And since we still don't have our building permit, that was a good thing for him to do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...