Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Lots to Report

I finished Luann's second quilt yesterday and here's what went into that...

Circles to reduce the sharp points
While I was loading the next backing I worked on Diane's quilt on Bernie. I'll start with that today because the next quilt on DW is an E2E. Here's what he's wearing today...
Carla's next quilt
I've got everything set up and ready to go on this one, but will wait until after lunch to start it. Dianes should be done by then.

Jim got home from work last night and look what arrived in the mail!

Upside down but you get the idea
100 Days, 100 Blocks pattern is here!!! I perused through it last night before starting on FGV2 and some of these blocks are going to be pretty intense. I need to work out how I'm going to use the four colors for the main pattern and then integrate the fat quarter bundles I purchased for the remaining frames. 

Speaking of FGV2, here's the block I made last night...

Watering Can
And only four more blocks to go. The last block in this book is a log cabin block, and then I've selected three more from a previous Lori Holt book I had. 

While I was working on that, Jim tackled a few needed projects around the property (getting the weeds down by the "beach", watering trees/garden plants, and shortening the girls' temporary pen grass. He then moved onto new studio work and has all the trenches in for the footer forms. 

From the backroom window
He'll get those forms together tonight (most likely) and he's discouraged at how long this is taking. But a room without a proper foundation is doomed for disaster and I'm glad he's taking his time. It seems like the beginning process of any construction project (quilting or wood) takes forever. Look how long I've been working on FGV2! Persistence is key and looking ahead to the finished product motivates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...