Thursday, June 22, 2023

Longest Day

Not only was yesterday the longest light day of the year (happy summer solstice), but it was pretty long for Jim and I both. Up early and off and running all day long.

Here's what DW is going to be wearing for the day (and weekend, and part of next week)...

Pam K's appliquéd flowers
This is one of those quilts that will [hopefully] look stunning when I get it done. Here's some detail of what went into Carla's quilt yesterday...

Vines and Leaves
Bernie is also wearing new attire today and will be for the unforeseeable future...

Lynn S's FPP Moth
Both of the tops on the frames are for new customers so I haven't learned their preferences yet. But with any luck, they'll be pleased. 

While DW was stitching out yesterday, and while I was frame ironing backing(s), I was able to construct all but the last block for FGV2...






I have enough if I want to set this in a 6x8 setting, but I'm thinking I'd rather have it set in a 7x7, so I'm going to make one more block today. 

On the construction front, the footer frames are complete. The [B] kids are coming up tonight to help with the cement we're expecting tomorrow, and then if the construction gods are with us, the blocks will be delivered on Saturday. Amongst all of that, Jim is supposed to be teaching them how to make strawberry jam. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...