Thursday, June 8, 2023

Broken Ground

Jim is home today. Pics later to show why. 

Here's some of the quilting going into Cathy's quilt...

Setting in the borders

Some of the body
I'll be working on this most of today in between outside things and the kids coming for a visit.

Here's what's on Bernie today...

Mickey's Petals
I like her choice of fabrics more than what I used. I don't know if I'll get anything accomplished on this even over the weekend, but it's there for Monday.

Cleaning out the spare bedroom today so the kids have someplace to at least lie their heads. The bed is covered in quilts waiting to be picked up and the room is strewn with batting for quilts waiting in queue. As well as my own batting stock.

Lsat night, after we prepped for today's [new] studio project, I put together the peas and carrots block for FGV2...

Peas and Carrots II
And then I cut out and pieced a Penny Piggy...

Penny Piggy 
Then we went over to the neighbors to visit since they made it up for the weekend. You're probably still wondering why Jim is home today.

Well...here's a pic of before...

Beautiful, lush green lawn
And here's a pic of during...

Just getting started
He's already four feet down in the soil and notice there isn't a bit of moisture. It's dry, dry, dry! We need rain! I'll share the "mess" after he's done today but we've officially broken ground for the new studio! SO DARN EXCITED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...