Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Too Hot

What's with the August weather in May? I left all the windows and doors open yesterday, but this morning shut everything up around 10:00. Temps already approaching the 80's and the humidity seems to have come up a bit. Shall we even think maybe we'll get some rain? Soon?

Here's some of the quilting going into Jodie's quilt...

Wood Grain, flying geese, and piano keys
After working on Jodie's quilt most of the day, I switched to Donna's quilt in the late afternoon/early evening. It was getting too hot in the house so I decided it wasn't good for the machines and I was having a hard time gripping the handles to the long arm. Kayak time. 

Once I got back from a short (1 hour) kayak trip, I decided it was too early to call it a night. I cut and then pieced the next block in Farm Girl...

Mixing Bowl
Today will be much of the same, but when the house gets too hot, the A/C is going to be turned on rather than sweating my fanny off. 

Computer update this morning (which is why I'm blogging late).

Have you heard about the 50 States BOM? I just found out about it last night. I'm pretty interested! It started in 2022 and is going through 2026 (I think) with one block per month. Find it on Green Forest Quilts (or something like that) on YouTube. It's not too late to start and I see the originator of the BOM is using r/w/b themed fabrics. Which I have lots of, but may do in another color scheme. Research! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning Studio!

The new studio is now operational. I only have the electrical stuff to plug in (big machines, chargers, rewinder, sewing machines), but ever...