Monday, May 22, 2023

Post Retreat

Since I had originally thought our retreat started Thursday, and I was mentally not prepared to long arm, I only loaded this on Thursday morning...

Tilda Snowmen

This is for the Bittersweet Quilt Shop and I'll start with this one first this morning since it's more time sensitive than Rita's.

I wondered then what I was going to do. I took advantage of my at-home supplies and started finishing a few UFO's. I made the binding for the McKenna Ryan wall hanging and put that on the first day of our actual retreat...

Finsihed!
I then made and stuffed the inside of the turtle. Once that was complete, I stufedf the extremities of the turtle and then put that together secondly at the retreat...

Finished
I tidied up the studio and by that time, Jim was home from work. We spent the rest of the evening with our neighbors around the campfire. 

At the actual retreat, after doing the first two projects I was either a) Making cuddle blankets for preschoolers for Rayola or b) Piecing together the Twirly quilt. 

Twirly quilt is now a top minus the borders. I'll chip away at those once I figure out what color sashing to put around the main body. I have four of six cuddle quilts done for Rayola and the retreat was so much fun. Exhausting (I slept in this morning until 8:30) but worth every bit of lost shut eye! Next retreat; October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning Studio!

The new studio is now operational. I only have the electrical stuff to plug in (big machines, chargers, rewinder, sewing machines), but ever...