Thursday, May 11, 2023

Good Neighbors

We have relatively good, no change that, great neighbors. Except one. Why is there always one? The list of ridiculous and stupid things they do over there is too long to elaborate on, but this morning he's out cutting his grass already. Which is soaking wet from the very heavy dew we received last night. And he's mowing over every stick and branch in his yard; sounds like a wood chipper rather than a lawn mower.  

Meanwhile, in the quilting studio, this is on Bernie for the unforeseeable future...

Bunny's absolutely adorable baby top
I won't be able to work on this for the next few days. Unfortunately. I have to get Martha's quilt done and get a few pressing matters done on DW first before I can even think about working on Bunny's quilt. 

Here's some thread effects I'm getting into Martha's quilt...

Giving it a 3-D look
Yesterday was an 11 hour day, and today will probably be the same. While I didn't have any customers physically visit, I had plenty of phone calls inquiring about getting tops to me. One is coming later this morning. Two more in the near future. 

It's hard to put in a long day in the studio when spring is here and going outside in the afternoon seems like more fun. We need to mow later today but Jim may have to do a solo this time around (which he doesn't mind) because I'm feeling the quilting pressure building. 

Rushing an artist (and I've said this before) is not exactly the right thing to do. But the grad/wedding quilts are coming in fast and furious and nobody seemed to plan ahead, meaning I'm going to have to work even faster and harder. But there are limits and I'm about there. I guess, from what I'm hearing around the long arm block, all of us are feeling about the same way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning Studio!

The new studio is now operational. I only have the electrical stuff to plug in (big machines, chargers, rewinder, sewing machines), but ever...