Friday, May 3, 2024

All Of a Sudden

I looked up yesterday while working and all of a sudden the leaves were starting to pop out, our neighbors apple tree is in full bloom, and the grass shot up in the girls' pen a mile. Spring has sprung.

Lots going on today. Customer coming to get her quilt. I'm working on Kathy's quilt on Bernie; I finished Linda's yesterday and did capture this little bit of quilting in it...

Can you see the Poinsettias? 
Here's some of the quilting going into Kathy's quilt...

Clean sashing/border lines
Once I got done working on the big machines, I went outside and mowed the girls' pen and then headed to the flower garden just off the driveway. We call it the rail fence garden. Where did all that crab grass come from anyway? 

After I finished that long project I came in and pulled out the new rulers I had purchased at Country Stitches last weekend...

These looked like fun
This is how I'm going to use up some of the scraps in the dresser that seem to be multiplying in there. I'm starting with a green/blue/teal quilt first. Here's the first four blocks I completed. 
Aren't these fun?
These can be set in a pattern or just randomly. I'll see what I get when I'm done to decide on how they'll end up. 

Meanwhile, while I was doing all of that, Jim has been working on the closet the past two days. Here's where he ended last night before running out of wood...

So stinkin' cool!
The door in the back is just being stored there until he can get it hung. It's not actually part of the closet. 

Tonight we have to head to Midland and I'm hoping to visit my third machine. I have left her a message and until she commits to us coming over, I won't know for sure if that's in the cards or not. I sure hope so because I have a lead on another machine in West Branch which is less costly than the one in Midland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Post Today

We have family here today and part of tomorrow. Yet, I still feel the need to write this morning while the grandkids are doing "school&...